janeiro 09, 2010

Um pouco de poesia - A little poetry


Primeiramente, esse não é um post engraçado. É um post pensativo, ok?
First of all, this is not a funny post. It is a thoughtful one, ok?

É isso. Tenho que perder 6 quilos após comer e beber no fim-de-ano tudo possível e impossível para uma mocinha como eu. Minha amiga Jackie, que fez Letras comigo, me ligou ontem e, como ela gosta de correr, combinamos de acordar cedo no dia seguinte e correr (eu disse andar) na Lagoa da Pampulha. veja bem: Eu não ando, eu me arrasto. Ela corre, rs.
That is it. I gotta lose 12 pounds after eating and drinking everything possible and impossible to a young lady like me. My friend Jackie, who went to Language School with me, called me yesterday and as she likes to run we agreed to wake up the next day and run (I said walk) around Pampulha Lagoon. Let's put it this way: I don't walk. I crawl, she runs, lol.

Então fomos nós. 4 anos após terminar a facul e ela estava, assim como eu, reclamando sobre os mocinhos. Mesmas reclamações de 6 anos atrás. Então ela me lembrou de um poema que quase nos fez tomar bomba em Literaturas de Língua Inglesa, mas nós sobrevivemos ao poema e passamos sem nenhuma honra, rsrs.
So, there we went. 4 years after we graduated and she was, just like me, complaining about boys. Same complaints from 6 years ago. Then she reminded me of a poem that almost made us flunk English Literature back at college, but we survive the poem and passed without honors, lol.

Engraçado é que ela me disse após ouvir todas as minhas reclamações: "a resposta para todas as suas perguntas está naquele poema chato que o professor de Literaturas de Língua Inglesa nos fez analisar, rs. 2 estradas bifurcavam blá blá blá. Pegue a menos viajada que tudo dá certo, rs"
Funny thing was that she said after hearing all my complaints: "the answer to your questions is that stupid poem that the english literature professor made us analyse, lol. 2 roads diverged bla bla. Just take the one less traveled by and u will be ok."

E, de repente, eu pensei: o problema dos mocinhos brasileiros é exatamente esse. Eles não querem ter que escolher entre duas estradas. Eles querem pegar as duas. De preferência incluindo 2 namoradas, 2 esposas, 2 amantes. Que tristeza!
And suddenly I thought: the problem with Brazilian men is exactly this. They dont wanna have to choose between 2 roads. They wanna take both. Preferably including 2 girlfriends, wifes or lovers. How sad!

The Road not Taken

Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

Um comentário:

  1. Ei Luísa!! Aqui é aquela que corre, viu!!kkkkk Vamos correr bastante. Quem sabe não encontramos "two roads..." kkkk E quem sabe, na nossa escolha, conseguiremos fazer toda a diferença??kkkk Amiga adorei a caminhada. E vamos correr, hein!!! Bjo grande

    ResponderExcluir