agosto 27, 2009

Whisky or Whiskey?

Esse blog estava precisando ficar com cara de mocinha, rs. Aliás, eu estava precisando ficar com cara de mocinha. Mocinha não reclama, não bebe e não faz feitiço.
This blog needed a new layout. Something girly. By the way, I need to look like a girl, a young lady maybe. Young ladies dont complain, dont drink and dont put a spell on boys.

A balada foi boa. Noite das mocinhas. E a mocinha desinteressada aqui sempre atrai. Eu não sei o que é que é. No momento, minha maior preocupação são as cidades. Aqui não. Nos United States. Ou na Inglaterra. Muita coisa pra minha cabecinha de mocinha. San Francisco ou San Diego? Cambridge ou Leeds? Nem o país eu sei ao certo. Desce logo um whisky ou whiskey, sei lá! Um é americano e o outro é britânico. Eu só não sei qual é qual, rs. On the rocks, please que é pra ver se eu penso mais rápido!
Awesome nightlife. Girls night out. And the uninterested young lady here always working as a magnet. I dont know what it is. At present, my major concern is about the cities. Not here. In the U.S. Or in the U.K. Who knows? Too much for me! San Francisco or San Diego? Ccambridge or Leeds? Not even the country I know for sure. Give me a whisky or whiskey, whatever! One is american and the other one is british. I just dont know for sure which one is each (lol). On the rocks, please. Maybe I'll think faster!

Bastou eu pedir um whisky (whiskey) pra tortura começar. Eu lá pensando na minha época de faculdade em que o professor virou pra mim e falou: 'Decida minha filha! Ou escreve em inglês americano ou britânico!' Até hoje não sei qual é qual, rs. Red Bull, please!!!!!!!!!!
I had just asked for whisky/whiskey and the torture began. I started wondering about my college days when the professor turned to me and said: 'You've gotta choose, darling! Either you write in british english or american english!' To tell you the truth, I still dont have a clue about it! (lol) Red Bull, please!!!!!!!!

Esse negócio de whisky/whiskey me levou pra longe e resume bem a minha indecisão: color ou colour; favorite or favourite; subway ou underground; line ou queue; bathroom ou toilet; United States ou United Kingdom???? Agua de coco, please. E mais whisky, claro.
This whole whisky/whiskey thing made me wonder: color or colour; favorite or favourite; subway or underground; line or queue; bathroom or toilet; United States ou United Kingdom???Coconut milk, please. And more whiskey, of course.


Então! Estava eu lá, desinteressada, pensando no problema das cidades e das palavras quando eu escuto a frase que eu mais odeio na vida: "She is an English teacher!!!". Adivinha?!!! tem sempre um americano/australiano/ inglês ou qualquer outra nacionalidade. Dessa vez era americano. Acho que eu perguntei o nome da cidade do cara umas 1o vezes e já esqueci... Acho que é Marion/ Maryon... Seja lá onde isso for. Meu copo está vazio.
So, there I was, uninterested, thinking about the cities and words when I heard the line I hate the most: 'She is an English teacher'. Guess what? there is always an australian, american, british close. This time it was an american. I asked about the name of his city like a hundred times. I think it's Marion/ Maryland/ Mary something, whatever! My glass is empty.

Tá bom: vamos dar uns conselhos pro mocinho. Brasileiras não são fáceis. A regra é assim: todo mundo beija todo mundo, mas brasileiras geralmente não gostam de americanos. Pq? Sei não... Acho que dá trabalho falar inglês. Trabalho pra elas né? Eu já falo o dia inteiro. Continuando: Não pode agarrar a bunda de ninguém em público, viu? Essa é minha amiga solteira. Whiskey ou Whisky? Jack Daniel's ou...Me digam. Pra onde eu vou?
Ok. Lets give the guy some clues. Brazilian women are not easy. Follow the rules: everybody kisses everybody, but brazilian women usually dont like american guys. Why? I dont know. I guess it is because of the language. It is hard to speak english. Hard for them. I do it all the time. Maybe that's why I have so many american friends. Go figure! Moving on: No ass grabbing in public, right? This is my friend. She is single. Whiskey or Whisky? Jack Daniel's or... You tell me! Where should I go?



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário