agosto 02, 2009

Barcelona

This post is gonna be in English. I just hope all my students can read it (if you can't, people, you better get yourselves another teacher - LOL = risos).




So, there I was on a Sunday afternoon, thinking about going to Paris when my friend/boss decided that I should go to Barcelona instead of Paris. Ok. Roger that*! He is the man so I did what he told me. And it was perfect! LOL



I bought the train ticket and, althought I woke up still a little drunk on Monday, I went to the train station and took a train to Barcelona. As my friend/boss kept calling me "lazy tourist", I decided to do something about it and immediately bought tickets for a city tour - a 5 hours city tour and I also watched Barcelona (Barça) play in a soccer stadium. Awesome!


During the city tour I kept thinking about other english words to ask my boss/friend. Remember the game? English vocabulary: turns out all the berries are very complicated (LOL). Strawberry is ok, right? But try to figure out raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, cranberry, huckleberry, etc. And let me know if you find out how to say "jabuticaba" in English. To teel u the truth I only know that blueberry is "mirtilo" and raspberry and blackberry get me confused even in portuguese. But when it comes to vegetables, I rock! LOL!!!


Ok. Lets go on: After the 5 hour city tour, I decide to do some shopping and went to the hotel to take a shower and change clothes. Shopping done, it was time for fun! Getting back to the hotel, I met 5 brazilians at the front desk (I could tell they were Brazilian from their passports). And guess what? From Belo Horizonte. How come I never saw them here? Small world, isn't it? So lets party boys!

While the 5 boys took a shower, I went out for cigarettes. As you know, I don´t smoke, except for parties and alcoholic environments (LOL) and Barcelona was, for sure, an alcoholic situation. So, when I was coming back to the hotel, I heard someone speaking English on the street (there was a pub/bar next to the hotel) and my teacher ears immediately predicted by the accent: brazilians.


2 Brazilian girls from Floripa and they became my best friends that night. It was an alcoholic tour for 6 bars and, in one of those bars we met 2 American guys. Thank God mom made me attend my English classes since I was little (LOL).


I don't know where they came from but I went to the restroom and, as far as I can remember, when I came back they were already talking to my friends. Probably the girls started the conversation because Americans are very shy compared to Brazilians. So lets talk!


I don't know how the conversation began because it was already the third bar and I was tired and drunk, but suddenly I heard: "I'm a pilot in California". I swear to God I thought: "Ok and I'm Santa Claus" but I kept my mouth shut and decided to give him the benefit of the doubt (LOL) and said: "Really? And what is it that you pilot/fly/drive?".


He might have thought I was stupid because pilots are most likely to fly planes, right? But as I was drunk, I asked anyway. And he answered (laughing, of course): submarines.


Ok. I'll think twice before asking a stupid question the next time (LOL). I made my piece with the information: the guy is a pilot and his friend from Chicago is studying Media (Comunicação) or whatever they call it in the U.S. He knows Rede Globo and told me that Globo runs everything here in Brazil (no kidding?!...)

Very strange thing in Barcelona. Vodka on the rocks or with Red Bull cost the same (good, isn't it?) which remind me the Cuba Libre I drank in Valencia that was the best: with orange juice and coffee grains.

Time to dance. Lets go to a nightclub. And as I previously told you in other posts, Luisa + alcohol = strange ideas. Suddenly, I decided that the boy from Chicago was the best thing on Earth for my friend. And I told her (LOL). But first I had to teach him some things about Brazil: You can't touch/grab/squeeze a girl's butt or breast in public. I thought it was better to be safe than sorry (LOL). You know: at this point, cultural differences make a great deal.

Going on: Together with the idea of my friend kissing the boy from Chicago, it suddenly occurred me the idea of kissing the guy from California and together with the idea came the problem: Americans don't kiss other people in public like Brazilians do and how am I gonna explain that I'm Brazilian and a little kiss doesn't hurt? (LOL) On the other hand, I must give Americans some credit, because they are very, very, very, polite. Polite in a sexy way, if you know what mean.


What would I say? Hey! I wanna kiss you? Now I understand better brazilian guys. I know: it is hard to be a man in Brazil... You have to approach a girl and... Too hard!

It took me 10 minutes to explain Mr.Pilot that a kiss wouldn't hurt and his eyes... Wow! Made my heart shake! Damn cultural differences. Why does it have to be so hard? Americans dance almost swallowing each other but can't kiss in public? (LOL) It's funny, you know, but totally comprehensible: lawsuits and other things that brazilians not even think about.


It was daylight already... in 3 hours I had to be on a train back to Valencia. But firts I made sure my friends from Brazil in Valencia knew that I was not a lazy tourist. So, I called them up and let them know I was awaken since the previous day. And Mr. Pilot? Wow! He is gorgeous! Next stop? California.


*R is the letter from morse code that brings the meaning of okay. This way, on radio transmissions we use R and when speaking on the radio it is Alfa, Beta, Charlie and the word for letter R is Roger. There comes the expression "Roger that" which means "entendido" in portuguese.












Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário